Today Sage 50 is considered one of the best accounting software in the world. Both small and medium sized businesses have found this very helpful in dealing with their accounts over the years. Be that as it may, all software tends to have some issues and errors from time to time.
Sometimes at the time of installation this shows an error called Sage 50 Error Code 1628 which leads to functioning issues in the systems where the error shows up but the software has been equipped well for such contingency by warranting a builtin resolution for the problem. This installation error occurs on the Sage 50 software, which is the upgraded version of the software called Peachtree that Sage had developed earlier. This error specifically happens on Microsoft Windows Operating System (OS) on versions ME, 2000, XP and Vista 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 respectively.
When experiencing this sort of error, you will notice these cautionary messages on the monitor:
- Sage Error message displayed: “1628 Failed to complete installation”
- Sage Error message displayed:“Unable to uninstall program”
- Sage Error message displayed: “Unable to install program”
Reasons for Sage error 1628 failed to complete installation
Sage error 1628 failed to complete installation mostly happens because of damaged windows system files and these damaged files can turn out to be rather run safe for your computer. There are several reasons, which could end up damaging your system files, including an incomplete installation or uninstall, improper way used to remove some software or hardware from your system. Your Windows system files could also get corrupted if your computer has recently recovered from a malicious attack. Shutting down your computer improperly could also corrupt, damage or delete the windows system files. The corrupted windows system files lead to missing and erroneously linked information and files that are essential for the correct functioning of Sage.
Solution I: Make sure you run the Microsoft Easy Fix Utility Tool
The users need to follow the steps as stated below to run the Microsoft Easy Fix Utility Tool;
- First the user must go to the Microsoft website and find the link for downloading Microsoft Easy Fix.
- Next when the user has found the authentic link, they must click on the Download button.
- Next when the download is completed, do right click on the downloaded shortcut icon and click on the run Microsoft Easy Fix option from the drop down list.
What are the types of issues the Microsoft Easy Fix Utility Tool can resolve?
- If the 64-bit operating system has corrupted registry keys, it can be resolved.
- If the corrupted registry keys are controlling the upgrade information, it can be resolved.
- If there are problems that hinder new programs from getting installed in your computer, it can be resolved.
- If there are problems that prevent current programs from getting completely removed from the system or upgraded, it can be resolved.
- If there are problems that stop you from removing a program by means of Add or Remove Programs (or Programs and Features) in the Control Panel.
This tool is compatible with the given versions of the Windows operating system:
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
In case, any of the above stated problems are actually triggering Sage 50 1628 failed to complete installation error then it should get resolved with this step.
Solution II: Ensure you properly uninstall that too by means of the command prompt
- First the user has to open a run command dialog box by holding the Windows+R keys together
- Next the user has to type Reedit, when the run command dialog box appears on the computer screen and then click the OK button.
- Next the user has to select the File option, and then select the Export to generate a backup of the registry (it is something that you should not skip as it is always good to be on the safe side by taking backup of the important files).
- Next the user has to locate the given folder: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow 6432Node\MS\Windows\Present Version\Uninstall\.
- Next the user has to Choose the Edit option and then click on the Find option.
- Next the user has to type Sage 50 in the search field when prompted and then click on the Find button that you can see at the bottom right corner of the window.
- Next the user has to Carry onto search in anticipation of tracing the program recorded that you have to uninstall from your computer.
- Next the user has to go to the right side of the screen and there you will find the key with name Uninstall String, click twice on the same key, and just copy the string you see there.
- Next the user has to click on the OK button, and exit from the Registry Editor.
- Next the user has to Hold the Windows+R keys simultaneously and when prompted, type CMD, and then click OK.
- Next the user has to do the right click on the DOS window, and then choose Paste and click the Enter button.
- Finally, the user should follow the screen instructions after this.
In case the users still have anxieties in regard to Sage 50 1628 failed to complete installation error or some other problem they want to discuss, they can dial our Sage 50 support phone number 1800-910-4754 or they can Sage 50 chat with our Sage Technical support team.
We have qualified technicians to help resolve your issue. We provide the correct solutions for your Sage 50 related issues with finest conceivable accurateness. Our Sage 50 support service and helpdesk assistants are accessible online, from anywhere at any time. Get instant help with your Sage 50 issues from our friendly help desk specialists.
Report Your Issue
(Didn't find what you were looking for! Report your issue and get customized help from our Sage experts.)